i did it. i bought an ibook. (switcher)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
last summer i was saving up to buy a laptop and finally had enough last October. problem was that a macbook was a bit too much for me so i ended up getting a hp dv5000t(it was a good deal for what i got). then once again i was presented with the temptation to get a mac for my photography class i am in. so i searched and searched and searched for the best deal on ebay (my favorite place to buy most of my electronics), and got a deal on a 900mhz ibook g3 with a 40gig hdd, 384mb ram, and a combo drive for a little under $300. i have to say that i am jumping for joy and am looking forward to next week when i get it in the mail. thought i would share my joy on here with the mac faithful. i will keep you posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Well done on your purchase - I hope it lives up to your expectations and that you get a lot out of your fine purchase.

It may be a little late now if you haven't already done so but I sure hope you had a little read through Tips for purchasing Macs from auctions/private sales

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have used other macs in the past such as my uncles powerbook g4(this made me think about getting one in the first place), imacs and ibooks at school, my grandmas old power mac(used to be my uncles), and my sisters original ibook(also my uncles). my uncle is a photographer and cameraman if you are wondering why most of the macs in the family were his. he is pretty cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
You have more patience then I my friend! It would have been nice to save some money and get it on Ebay. However I work 5 minutes from a mall with an Apple store in it. My bday was this past monday and my wife told me I can get one for my birthday. Went there on lunch and bought it! NO PATIENCE!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
egandolfi, you are a man like me "no patience" :) I purchased my iMac at a future shop 10 mins from my home because I didnt want to wait for an online order. So far all has been great.

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well i kind of didnt have patience seeing as i rushed and got a pc first. if i waited i could have gotten a macbook. :(................... oh well now i have two laptops. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.