Newbie questions

Reaction score
I just got my 20' imac an hour ago YIPEEEEEE

(1) I can't seem to find how you set the home page on Sarfi

(2) Can you make the mouse arrow a little bit bigger ??

I love it so far
Sorry if this has been asked before tried searching but still can't figure it out.:radioacti

M

MacHeadCase

For the Safari question, go to the menubar in Safari. Under the Safari name you will find in the drop-down menu Preferences....

In the Preferences pane the very first tab is General. That's where you set your home page.

As for the mouse cursor, you will need a hack to make it different but I am not too savvy with those. Someone else will need to answer that one, I'm afraid.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thaks Now I have run onto something else here.
I got some kind of game up & I can't get it off my desktop Please help. Have tried putting it in applications but it won't go & won't go into trash either.

M

MacHeadCase

Take a screenshot of the problem game on your desktop please. I can't get any image in my head with what you posted. I will guide you through this now.

To do a screenshot, just hold the Command (or Apple key) + Shift + 4. Crosshairs will appear. Just drag the crosshairs over what you want to grab as a screenshot.

Now to upload the image here, below every reply window where you type your post there is a Manage Attachmentsbutton. Click on it and through the window that appears, you will need to navigate to the screenshot file you just took, select it. Then click on the Upload button. When the upload of your file is completed, you will see the name appear just below where you clicked to upload it.

You can now close that window, complete your post and we will get to see what you are trying to explain to us.

Good luck! :girl:

OP
M
Reaction score
Iam not to sure where the pic went to. Where would I find the screen shot ??

M

MacHeadCase

It should be on your desktop and it will probably be named Picture 1.png.

M

MacHeadCase

Great! Now see if my instructions for posting your screenshot are clear to you.

OP
M
Reaction score
ok Think I got it there now
Sorry Hubby was yelling at me for something

Picture 1.png

M

MacHeadCase

Nope the attachment didn't work. I can see only a dot. Try taking another screenshot. This time the file will be named Picture 2.png and you can try the same steps: see if it wasn't only the screenshot that was bad.

To make sure your screenshot is ok, just double-click it, it will open in Apple's Preview application.

M

MacHeadCase

Just drag the crosshairs like you are sweeping an area with them. The crosshairs help you determine which area you will take a picture of.

M

MacHeadCase

If that method is too complicated, you can try instead Command (or Apple key) + Shift + 3. This will instead take a picture of the whole screen and you can upload that one instead.

M

MacHeadCase

You did held down Command key + Shift key + 3 key at the same time? There should be a new image file probably named Picture 3.png, or something similar, on your desktop...

M

MacHeadCase

Ok add the attachment now to your next post. This is how to do it:

Now to upload the image here, below every reply window where you type your post there is a Manage Attachments button. Click on it and through the window that appears, you will need to navigate to the screenshot file you just took, select it. Then click on the Upload button. When the upload of your file is completed, you will see the name appear just below where you clicked to upload it.

You can now close that window, complete your post and we will get to see what you are trying to explain to us.

OP
M
Reaction score
It says that it is to big How do i get it smaller ?? Sorry for being such a pain here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.