• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone work out regularly?

T

todd51

I have been thinking about this lately. I'm one of those lucky people who have a really high metabolism, so I'm really skinny. I'm trying to build up some muscle for one of my new years resolutions. Anyone else work out regularly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Working out is too much... well, work. If I start to turn into a fat kid, then I might start.

OP
T

todd51

I worked out pretty much every other day last summer, and I was starting to notice a difference, but then I moved back to school and well...that was the end of that. It's just so hard for me to keep a routine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Same problem here. I never know where I'll be or what I'll be doing, so it's hard to plan a routine. I was going to start running, but I'm putting that off because it's too cold.

OP
T

todd51

Well this whole thought entered my mind when my roomate and I were watching something on TV about steroids in sports. He turned to me and said, Todd we should pump you up on steroids and see how big you get (jokingly), and I said, "Haha, yea your right, I would probably get pretty big".

I am 6'6 and currently 160-170lbs. I've never been happy about being so skinny, especially when I started getting taller when I was in high school. I just always would like to put on a few pounds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I've pretty much got no metabolism so I work out a lot. Me and some of my friends have a pretty good routine of working out at night. I had been running around 25-30 miles a week until I tore my meniscus, so I haven't run since October.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
it varied. depended on how good I was feeling on certain days. I had a usual 5 mile loop up here at school that I would do and there were some days where I felt great after the 5 miles that I would just run it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
I do a 60 minute workout on the Stairmaster (on Level 5) and a 20 minute workout on the elliptical every other day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I am 6'6 and currently 160-170lbs.

Whoa! I was going to say enjoy your skinniness and be lazy for the rest of us, but you could probably put on some kind of weight. I bet the high school coaches were all over you to go out for track/basketball.

I'm 6'1" and probably around 210 right now. I started out really great last year: had a good diet going and exercise. I was around 180 and feeling very good, but things got pretty bad at work and I fell off the wagon around May. I have since quit that job and moved. I plan to start working out again soon.

I also had an injury (my knee) and can't run, so I use those elliptical machines that are basically zero impact. If you can trust the calorie meters, I get a pretty good workout on them: about 1,000 calories in a little over an hour (and a pool of sweat on the floor under each arm!)

Make sure you do weights also, aerobic alone will actually burn muscle too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I work out 3 days a week, and try and ride my bike on weekends, weather permitting. Unfortunately I pinched a nerve in my left shoulder and I haven't been able to do anything for the past 5 days. :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I never work out :( I guess I should but I don't really have time. I am taking a health class next semester that requires you to do work outs and run a mile...Ick! I haven't ran 1 mile since high school! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If sitting in front of the computer playing games counts as working out, then I do it daily. If you mean like go to the gym, or run for a few miles, then no, I dont workout.

But I'm 6'8", and only 170lbs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I ride my bicycle to work just about every day. 15 mile round-trip, plus extra riding averages out to about 100 miles per week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
im one of *** fat kids who doesnt have a motablolism, i hardly eat anything, and when i do its usually saleds and fruit. and i go to the gym 2 times a week. and i am still fat, lol. i wish i had a good motabolism. i am starting to gain weight too (loosing fat and gaining muscle)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
i have a really bad motabolism (i blame my mum) so to stay in shape im pretty much on a set routine of 2 daily work outs, set diets and supplement pills. but the best work out is thai kick box training and sex... no joke!

OP
T

todd51

I bet the high school coaches were all over you to go out for track/basketball.

You got me there. Our basketball coach approached me almost every day in Physical Education class. I just had no talent towards it since I had never played it when I was younger. Every once in a while my friends and I will get together and shoot some hoops. It's nice that I don't have to be very good and can score a decent amount of points and get almost every rebound because of my height.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I work out at the Chinese Buffet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.