Quick iphoto question!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
I just got my powerbook yesterday. I plugged my camera in and iphoto is the default importer, but it wanted me to import 95 pics and I only wanted to import 4. I didnt see a way to choose what pics I could import, I just got an option for 'ready to import' So is there a way I can pick and choose what pics to import? Thanks, sorry for such a simple question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
I just got my powerbook yesterday. I plugged my camera in and iphoto is the default importer, but it wanted me to import 95 pics and I only wanted to import 4. I didnt see a way to choose what pics I could import, I just got an option for 'ready to import' So is there a way I can pick and choose what pics to import? Thanks, sorry for such a simple question.

Waddaya know.. I was struggling with the same thing like an hour ago. I just wanted to transfer two images but had 137 other on my card and iPhoto wanted to transfer 'em all.. thanks but no thanks, since iPhoto must be the slowest on the planet when it comes to grabbing pics from the camera.

Anyway, after I went through the trouble of deleting the unwanted/-needed pics from the camera, I noticed that when I click open the mounted "camera image" on the desktop, I can browse to the image folder and just drag the pics I like to desktop or where ever and it happens in a blink of an eye.

It even shows the thumbnails so I can quickly tell which is which.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
I haven't tried this yet, but I have heard it works great. I'd try it but for some reason my camera wasn't in my bag and I'm at work...

Anyways, when the camera is showing as mounted in iPhoto you can hit "return" twice and it will display the images on the camera or card.

a better job of explaining it here...

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060811032250907

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
Thanks for the help, Ill have to try that when I get back from class.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.