• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
MACBOOK! I just got my macbook last night and I am skipping class right now to type this. I love this macbook, it is amazing so far, I have an iskin and marware handpad thing, anything else i should buy?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
excellent! hope you have 0% issues and 100% fun!

i'm trying to think if i even bought anything physical specifically for the macbook... other than maybe the aluminum case for my old HP laptop's 80G hard drive that i use for the macbook now. a couple of games (that sort of work). do you have a good carrying case/bag?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
yeah a bag would be a great investment, I almost broke my laptop, but luckily it was in its bag. If you eat/drink around your computer, you might want one of those silicon keyboard protectors to keep your keyboard clean. One other suggestion, if you have the cash, you might want to get applecare. If in the future a part like the hard drive dies, it would cost you $$ to replace. But with applecare, your covered for 3 years... I think its worth it!

Good luck with your macbook, I know you'll enjoy it!

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i have an iskin and a marware wrist pad and an incase. :) any tips on maintaining a good battery life?

T

todd51

I also agree on the "bag/carrying case" idea. I got one right after I got my MBP. Nice investment, next I'm going to upgrade the ram and after that, Applecare here I come!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Congratulations, I'm sure you'll love it. A buddy of mine just switched and got the base MacBook with 2GB RAM and a 120?GB HDD and two days later gave his 6-month old Toshiba laptop away to his sister going to college. What a nice guy, eh?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.