An email client question...

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I switched from Macs to a PC about 2 years ago and have regretted it ever since. As such, I am officially switching back today! I should have a 15" macbook pro by the end of the day...

Anyway, what would you guys suggest that I use to handle my emails? I run a series of websites and have to organize about 6 or 7 different email addresses (read: segregate messages based on where they were sent and I get a ton of spam). I will be installing Office 2004 and will have Outlook readily available.

Would you guys suggest I just stick with Outlook (or is it called Entourage?) or is OSX Mail powerful enough to handle my chores and all the spam I get?

What do you all use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I use Entourage because it has most of the features I constantly used in Outlook. If you use all Outlook besides simple email, Entourage is the only choice. There isn't a good answer to Outlook from Mac software developers, plus if you have to interact with others who use Outlook, the same basic features transfer well. It does have a few drawbacks I miss, like drag and drop files into appointment invites, and other little things.

One thing it does have over Outlook I really like if the Project Center. I am a grad student and have all my classes and project set up in Project Center; it really helps me stay organized.

My 2 cents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
I agree with fleurya..Entourage is the only e-mail client I use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For seamless handling of multiple email addresses, I would recommend Thunderbird, from the same folks at Mozilla who bring you the Firefox browser. Each email account can be set up with its own Inbox, Drafts, Outbox and Sent folders and each can be set up with separate incoming and outgoing email servers. Plus it has a raft of wonderful features, including a truly outstanding rule based SPAM filter. I would highly recommend it.

Reaction score
FWIW I use Entourage. It's OK...I've been considering switching to Mac Mail because I fear sooner or later M$ will discontinue supporting Entourage. dunno.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Thats a good point CrossBones. I guess I just inherently don't want to use any more Microsoft products than I have to, now that I have switched to a Mac. There are excellent alternatives to Entourage (which I agree is a good looking and very capable email client) and so I chose to use them instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.