multi user

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GB Ram OS X 10.5 Windows XP SP2, iMac 512MB Ram OS X10.4
I am new to mac and have downloaded some applications. I would like to have them available to all users. Parental control is off. How can I make the new apps available to other users?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if i'm thinking correctly, the same applications folder is available to everyone (unlike the widgets folders that are personal - with a shared folder).

another user should just have to go into the applications folder find the new app and either use it from there (or spotlight) or drag it to their dock.

Reaction score
You have downloaded them. Have you installed them by dragging the application's file into the applications folder?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You have downloaded them. Have you installed them by dragging the application's file into the applications folder?

ooh, good point!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if i'm thinking correctly, the same applications folder is available to everyone (unlike the widgets folders that are personal - with a shared folder).

another user should just have to go into the applications folder find the new app and either use it from there (or spotlight) or drag it to their dock.
Thank you.
I was able to find them for the other user. They were a file in apps. i opened them and setup an alias or put shortcut on dock.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.