• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MAc ad's "PC" is on Daily Show

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't know if this has been mentioned since I don't get much time on the forum or to watch TV, but I just caught an episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and John Hogman, the guy who plays PC on the Mac commercials was on. I never heard of him before but apparently he's a big political humorist and has written a few books and writes for the New York Times. I wonder if he writes the commercials.

Anyway, just thought it was interesting for those who love the Daily Show like me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Yeah, he has been on The Daily Show for a while. I believe, even before the ads started.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yep, a while now. a while back stewart tried to get him to say what kind of computer he was [paraphrasing] "you know... if you were a computer... what kind do you think you would be?" it was a funny moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
hahah! yes i saw that eric. love that guy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
he os a very good writer, i got one of his books for xmas. i got "areas of my expertise" which is an alminac(sp?) of all things of his knowledge. the book is hilarious. it goes into details about hobo matters, even has a lis of 700 hobo names. its great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
He has also guested on the podcast Jawbone And Len from Jawbone participated in the 700 hobos project. John Hogman is a pretty funny guy with a real passion for Palindromes.

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
he os a very good writer, i got one of his books for xmas. i got "areas of my expertise" which is an alminac(sp?) of all things of his knowledge. the book is hilarious. it goes into details about hobo matters, even has a lis of 700 hobo names. its great

The Areas of my Expertise audiobook was one of the free downloads on iTunes a few weeks ago. He reads it himself, pretty funny. I haven't gotten very far yet as it is 6 hrs and I don't really have the time right now.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The Areas of my Expertise audiobook was one of the free downloads on iTunes a few weeks ago. He reads it himself, pretty funny. I haven't gotten very far yet as it is 6 hrs and I don't really have the time right now.

Is it still available (for free)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.