Question about installing software

Reaction score
I am installing xACT. So I download the thing and open the folder, which contains 4 items. One is the icon for the program which I drag to applications folder. that seems fine. But what do I do with the other items? The read me text is fine. But the there is a "stuff" folder, and an "xACT src" folder. What am I to do with them? Should they go in a specific location? Do I need them?
Thank you!
Justin

Reaction score
G'day Justin,

One suggestion is to create a new folder in Applications and call it xACT. Then drop the app into the new folder and anything else you are unsure of whether you may need later.

I've done this myself when I'm not too sure whether or not I might need something that looks confusing at the installation end of things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
In general, the rest of the stuff is informational only. I tend to keep the the .dmg files in a separate folder tree I call "SW Installers", with one folder per application. This allows me to access this stuff any time I want to, and also allows me to keep the original software in case I ever need to re install.

OP
J
Reaction score
The "xACT srt" folder has many .icn files, and one .applescript file, plus a .xcodeproj folder, and a .lproj folder which contains .nib files. So perhaps not just for information?
Justin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.