Photoshop - Silly question, but can't figure it out..

Reaction score
Ok so I am using the pen tool in Photoshop and as soon as I do 3 points it fills that part in black.. so I know it's the color box but I can't change it to NO FILL. I am used to illustrator where you can choose no fill with that red line across the square but I can't do it in photoshop. How do i get rid of the fill when I am using the pen tool? Thanks!

Reaction score
Ok so I am using the pen tool in Photoshop and as soon as I do 3 points it fills that part in black.. so I know it's the color box but I can't change it to NO FILL. I am used to illustrator where you can choose no fill with that red line across the square but I can't do it in photoshop. How do i get rid of the fill when I am using the pen tool? Thanks!
After selecting the pen tool be sure you select the "paths" option in the tool bar at the top...see attachment. This is in PS 7.0 but I think CS@ is the same or similar but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look. If you have the "shape layers" selected it will fill in!

Picture-1.gif

OP
C
Reaction score
After selecting the pen tool be sure you select the "paths" option in the tool bar at the top...see attachment. This is in PS 7.0 but I think CS@ is the same or similar but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look. If you have the "shape layers" selected it will fill in!

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Another silly question,

say you have 3 or 4 images open in photoshop, what is the best/fastest way to switch between them, I havent found any keyboard shortcuts, other than pressing F a couple of times and clicking on another image, but surely there is a better cleaner way of doing this? Currently I go up to the "Window" menu, then go down and click on the image I want to switch to, kinda slow and very annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
apple ~ works ... also F10

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.