• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Question about Limewire for PC

T

todd51

My friend has a PC and his Limewire doesn't automatically import his songs to his iTunes Library. In fact, it doesn't even have the option of it like mine does, and he has the latest version. Is there some different kind of installation to where this option becomes available?

Reaction score
Obviously this option isn't there on the Windows version.
That's because iTunes is by far not the obvious choice on a PC. A Mac has iTunes for granted - thus they built it in.

What can I say :) - Switch? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I don't know the answer but I do know that any talk of illegal downloading is not allowed on these forums so watch your step when discussing limewire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz(CD)/512/80/128MB VRAM/15"
Dont be a cheapskate and pay for your music. Limewire is stocked to the **** with spyware. its like throwing a grenade into your case.

I spend 8hrs a day every day fixing computers, 70% of the time its directly related to spyware and 90% of those infected computers have limewire installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I had LimeWire on my PeeCee, and it always did that. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Dont be a cheapskate and pay for your music. Limewire is stocked to the **** with spyware. its like throwing a grenade into your case.

I spend 8hrs a day every day fixing computers, 70% of the time its directly related to spyware and 90% of those infected computers have limewire installed.

that makes for an easy job though 70% of the time i bet? just carry a flash drive with spybot? heh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.