Firefox take up more battery life?

T

todd51

I just changed from using Safari to now Firefox. My question is that normally when I have a fully charged battery and just surfing the internet using Safari, I would have 4 hours of battery life. Now when I use a fully charged battery it's life is at 3.5 hours.

Is it possible that my battery is going bad? the iStat widget says my battery's health is at 94% and have already cycled the battery this month. Anyone know any information on this?

Reaction score
Hmm I doubt it's firefox's fault. Try looking at the Activity Monitor in Utilities, and see how much CPU firefox is using up.

If your battery is starting to die (which is natural), I don't think it's BECAUSE of firefox.

OP
T

todd51

Well I wish it was something to do with firefox because my MBP is relatively new and I thought I had been taking decent care of it...and now the battery is dying already?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Is it possible that my battery is going bad? the iStat widget says my battery's health is at 94% and have already cycled the battery this month. Anyone know any information on this?

My battery health fluctuates. It's been as low as 94% but is usually 99% - of the 5400 MaH I started with, I have around 5200 left.

Let the battery drain to about 40% and then recharge and do this a couple of times. You'll probably find the battery health improves. Deep discharges are not good for this type of battery too frequently.

Firefox should not knock 30 minutes off your battery life.

OP
T

todd51

Well I run off the battery usually once every 2 days, though I don't drain it to even 50%. Whenever I put the computer to sleep and it's fully charged, I'll unplug the power adapter just so that it doesn't affect the battery life.

OP
T

todd51

Now that I think about it, I let my MBP sleep all night last night at a full charge without the adapter plugged in. Is it possible that it lost that much charge from sleeping?

Also does anyone know how much more battery life you can get with having the Airport turned off and using internet from an ethernet cord?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.