• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Office 2008 Screenshots

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
Sorry if this has been posted...
From the Unofficial Apple Weblog...
http://www.tuaw.com/photos/office-2008-for-the-mac-screenshots/

Looks prettier, the updates are long overdue. The My Day app/feature looks cool... but other than that...

Just thought some people might be curious!

... Although this may be the year I switch to iWork ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Reaction score
As much as I need Office compatibility for work, if we're another year away from getting Office 2004 updated I might take a look at iWork'07 myself. I can always keep Office 2004 on my system for must-have operations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Wow, it does look nice:) but I don't think I can wait that long to get it. I'm hoping iWork 07 comes out soon. I start spring semester in Feb., I'm using NeoOffice til then.

Reaction score
Looks good. But I wonder whether Apple has something up their sleeve with iWork and Leopard.... after all, they are still keeping stuff secret. iWork should start competing now. People have learned to embrace Apps like Pages.

But Office on the Mac a has always been THE choice for students. Notebook view hurray! You gotta say, Microsoft has one proper working office: The Mac BU!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I've always wondered why Office:Mac is such a different beast than it's Windows equivelent. The funny thing is, I like the way the Mac version works much more than the Windows version. The Word for Mac is like a cross between Word and Publisher, which makes it more functional for the kind of things that I end up doing.

You almost wonder if the people in the OS X division at MS are pretty much the red headed step-children, and get to do things their own way without as much oversite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Looks fantastic. Office 2007 is incredible on the PC (And 2003 was great so its tough to improve on that)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
when is office 2008 coming out for mac?

Reaction score
speaking of office 04, is there any reason it is running extremely slow on both my macbook and ibook? It takes forever to open.

Reaction score
Are they both Intel machines?

Office 2004 is not a Universal Binary, so it requires Rosetta (the "layer" that sits on top of OS X to allow Intel Macs to run PowerPC applications).

Nothing you can do about that if you need to run real-deal Office 2004.

If you just need Office compatibility, you can run NeoOffice which has most (though not all) of Office's features and is a legitimate Universal Binary set of programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm so looking forward to OneNote in the 2008 Office Mac. I only wish there was a beta download available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.