New User

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just started using OS X.4 and I am bit stuck :(
I was used to using MS paint for tiny adjustments ect. to pictures. Now I am using Mac os I don't know what to use. Please could someone reccomend some useful applications for that use.
Also - I downloaded Palm Desktop for mac and it came in a .sit file. What is this and how to I execute it?

Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
For the paint thingy, I would try using iPhoto...it allows touch-ups, red eye removal, things of that sort.

For the .sit files, this is the file extension for Stuffit and Stuffit Expander...a WinZip like program for compression. Just google search for stuffit, and you'll find it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Although both may be more than you need, you could also look at ChocoFlop and GIMP for image editing. ChocoFlop will likely be the easier of the two, but it is still at its 0.5.x release (i.e. a work in progress) while GIMP is a pretty solid piece of work. GIMP can be thought of as being rather like the open source equivalent of Photoshop Elements.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.