• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

An Extraordinary Idea...

Reaction score
Ok, I have an idea of a great app or software and also I build an animation with Keynote to show how it works, I'm not a programmer so I do not have a pre-build app or anything, but the idea is extraordinary. Anyone want to help me build this idea? anyone with free time and programming skills can work on it. I just want a partner and start something revolutionary. If you want to be part of something new (it's not a simple software, it's a whole new concept) and I want it to be just for Mac.
If you are interested just tell me and I will begin to send you information about the idea thru private massages or by email. it's not a joke.

Download the keynote Presentation here:

Welcome to NOW 1.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I watched the Keynote, and it looks like it could have some substance to it. Good job on the presentation, by the way...the effects and gfx are pretty good for someone with no programming experience.

As far as tackling this idea, I think it would be best to start experimenting with automator first. Find out how to construct workflows for what you want to do, and try to make them as all-inclusive as possible. If you can construct what should be a complicated workflow and have the end result be easy to reproduce, I think that anyone willing to undertake the coding of this project would be able to understand what you want the end result to be a little bit better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
That is a very intersting idea, i have the same problem with my mom- i had to go over and spend hours and hours helping her with photos and her iPod (on a PC of course) I've convinced her to buy a mac for the simplicity and greatness... but this could be very interesting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Aren't you afraid someone might steal your idea?

OP
I WAS the one
Reaction score
First things first. An Idea can't be copyrighted but the concept it's already a copyright document. So, I'm looking for a partner to work with. If we need to go 50/50 on this I'll doit. and then we start from that point on. I know this will be a great help for the rest of us. If someone start this app without me it will not be my idea, it will be just like windows and Mac OS systems. I don't care to be part of the 5%. :)

lets make this idea a reality on our virtual garage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I'm joining you. :) I love the idea

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.