• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So close, yet so far...

T

todd51

I can't wait for my birthday in March. I've been dying to get a new stick of ram for my MBP. I am able to leave it on for about a week, then I start to notice a slow down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
well yeah, i think every computer should have a good reboot more than once a week. you might have a memory leak though? i have heard of safari doing this, it just takes up more and more memory the longer it runs. if you think you need to clean up things you can download Onyx, though i have never used it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
my safari seems to do that, the longer it runs the more memory it uses, how can i fix that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
Yeah Mac OSX needs at least 1GB Ram but 2 would be perferred in my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.