Trying to decide on next laptop

Reaction score
I want my next laptop to be a mac, but I'm trying to decide between getting a new Macbook, or a refurbished Macbook Pro.

Can someone offer some advice on what refurbished products are like?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
First start off by telling us how exactly you plan on using the notebook? Will it be just the average browsing the Net, handling documents, and multimedia functions like watching movies, organizing your photos, and listening to music? Or do you have more demanding needs, such as playing games and editing videos?

As for your actual question, there are many members on this forum who have bought refurbished products and are more than happy with their purchases. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
refurbished is the way to go, besides there's 1 year warranty and applecare.

OP
L
Reaction score
I'll mainly be browsing the net, may listen to music but I'd rather use my PC for that since it's got surround sound. I'll also be using dreamweaver, photoshop, imageready and REALbasic for college.

I may use emulators but I'll probably use windows on bootcamp for that, it'd only be stuff like Arcade games and GBA games, I'd save things like PSX and PS2 emulation for my PC.

T

todd51

I'd say go with the Refurbished MBP...I think they are decent prices for what they can do.

Reaction score
Yea, I really only realized how much better the macbook pro is after i bought my black macbook. I do regret it a bit, but Im enjoying my macbook, and i really like the black. Nothing beats typing this in the car from my macbook.

But I would probably suggest the MBP for using photoshop etc. although I do think the macbook would be abe to cope, the MBPs bigger screen maybe be easier to do it all with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
if you go with the macbok makesure you max the ram for all you photoshopping needs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black CD 2.0Ghz
You also may want to stop by the closest Apple store and ask about 'Refreshed' macs - which are either displays or returns. A couple of months ago I picked up my black Macbook 2.0ghz Core Duo w/ 1GB ram for $999

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just after Christmas, I bought a 2.0 GHz MacBook Pro refurb. With my company's employee purchase program and a $150 instant rebate (at that time), it came out to $1270 with tax (out the door). It came with everything you would get with a new machine and was in perfect working and cosmetic shape (you couldn't tell it from new with the exception of a few light scratches on the power adapter).

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.