Losing Wireless connection

Reaction score
My macbook sporadically loses (maybe every 30 mins) wireless internet connection.

I have full signal strength, and as soon as i click the wireless icon and network, it reconnects again instantly. This happens while my computer remains plugged in, and is right next to the router.

Help!

Reaction score
Sounds like it might be a problem with your router... if you have admin access to it, try going into it, and checking the DHCP settings. There should be an amount of time it is "Leased" out to a computer for. if this is set to a half hour, then it will disconnect you after 30 minutes of no use.

if it's anything like mine (DLink DI-524), you can change the time it takes, and leave it at something like a week, so you'll always have the same IP address.

Other than this, I don't have any ideas.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
How is the Signal Strength on that Dlink Di-624? Got one today used and WiFi signal is low even 5 feet away on XP or OSX laptops. How is yours?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.