• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Crazy Telemarketer Call

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That woman is off her rocker.
:black:

Reaction score
She's the mother of that crazy, screaming kid on YouTube who went nuts trying to play a video game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
"You are a murderer, you are a life destroyer!"

Did I really hear her compare his call to rape? This woman will die early if she doesn't learn to calmy say "No thank you" and hang up.

M

MacHeadCase

You are a terrorist... Oh no not that one again. *rolleyes*

I think the woman needs heavy psychiatric treatment and get doctor prescriptions i.e. many pills that will make her so trippy she'll sleep for the rest of her life and only eat take-out that can be slipped through the mail slot in her door. That's the only way to protect humankind.

And how can that poor guy just take it in like that? After that call he must have resigned.

Come to think of it, she makes me think of a member I knew in a forum I used to go a few years ago...
icon10.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
How to get rid of telemarketing phone numbers

This is true. I learned it from a telephone operator who knew my sister-in-law. It worked for me, but I have only needed it once or twice so far.
What you do is when you see a telemarketer phone number on caller ID, pick up the phone and don't even breath, do not make any noise or sound, just press the #sign 5 times in a row and hang up. Remember press # 5 times and hang up. Even if you feel like screeming, don't, it will work against you. I did this and then kept track of the phone numbers I used to see, and after a few times, they all disappeared. It does work after one time, but I think it takes a few days to get it off the data base, so you may get a couple more phone calls from the same number. If you get a different phone call, then you have to do the same all over again for each number that you want to get rid of. I have another way of getting rid of telemarketers: When I answer and they ask for my name I say calmly "I am not interested in anything you have to say." If they insist that I need to know, then I say "If you think it is that important, put it in writing and mail it to me." You know, by law, once you tell them not to call, they cannot call. Some of these companies have mailed me letters telling me that they respect my wishes of privacy and blah, blah, blah. Whatever, I don't get any calls from them anymore. When they ask for my husband, I tell them that I make all the decisions regarding phone account, credit card account, etc. and I tell them that they need to deal with me and that's the end of it. Try it, it works very well.

M

MacHeadCase

This sounds much more reasonable than the show that woman was putting on.

I know telemarketers are despicable but you don't have to behave like a raving lunatic like that woman did.

I will try your tricks, johntalin! Thanks or the info!

Reaction score
"I'm going to call the cops!" Saying this LONG after saying that the cops are on the line... I love how the telemarketer reacts to everything, just "Ok." and "I hope they play this tape in court someday. [laughs]."

Has anyone ever died from telemarketing? And is it possible for anyone to be audited every year? How could one rape someone through telemarketing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I feel sorry for Telemarketers, that is their job, that's how they pay for their food and house.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
This kid must be hers... Oy!
icon11.gif

i remember one time when i was a kid i yelled at the computer and my father was behind me, so he just unplugged it and took the power supply and told me, "next time i give away the computer'. I never did that again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
that was amazing... can somebody really force the irs to audit somebody?

"i was an emt people died because answering machine was full" - People did not die because her answering machine was full, people died because she did not answer her phone... and in my town we use plectrons and radios not phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
That woman is totally amazing, I would like to know who the "we" are that she kept mentioning.

That telemarketer deserves a raise for having to endure her.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
This kid must be hers... Oy!
icon11.gif
Haha, funny video. The whole time I was watching that, I was thinking 'he gets this angry at loading, what is he going to do if he gets killed?'. I was a little bit dissapointed at the end though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
The best part was when she called him a terrorist and a racist and the guy says woah...racist is a pretty strong word.

This is woman is crazier than the crazy christian woman from Trading Spouses.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
To people with suspicions: This isn't a joke. This was actually recorded.

Reaction score
The best part was when she called him a terrorist and a racist and the guy says woah...racist is a pretty strong word.

This is woman is crazier than the crazy christian woman from Trading Spouses.

Actually, judging by what is said right afterwards, I think she called him a "Rapist," which is quite odd...

I call shenanigans on that kid. He was "Fragging" people even when he wasn't moving his fingers on the keyboard, or moving the mouse...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.