Why i don't want to buy the iPhone

Reaction score
Crap. The iPhone will not be a difficult device to make phone calls from. God, why do I even bother with things like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I just don't get SpyMac anymore. Since they changed their layout is seems out of whack. I don't even get where the discussion there is other than an anti-iPhone interactive graphic.

Kind of sad since SpyMac used to be pretty cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
That's just ... odd. Will iPhone work in 10 years? Probably not, but then, how many phones from 1996 still work since they turned off the analogue networks?

Sounds like the usual troop of "Why do I need a PDA/Music payer/Phone when all I want is to make phone calls?!?"

The answer is, and always has been, "you don't". Stop whining.

Reaction score
I was late to the iPod party. Was there this much euphoria in the Mac community and this much negative backlash when iPod was announced?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
I dont really understand it either...Im sure the population of people using cell phones that are more than 2 or 3 years old are very low and probably even much lower for 10 years or older. ****, some of my friends have had 3 or 4 phones in a year or two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I was late to the iPod party. Was there this much euphoria in the Mac community and this much negative backlash when iPod was announced?

The initial reaction to the iPod was sort of "huh?"

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I don't get it.

Agreed with DB and PowerMacG4. Makes no sense.

And the iPhone is not even released and yet people are talking about it and even bashing it like they own it and have used it for months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
It doesn't even matter how much bashing the phone gets. It is going to sell like hot cakes when released. I have already decided to get one I'm just waiting now. Oh well let the haters hate thats the only thing they know how to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
What was the pric 499? Thats no different than the blackberry, correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.00Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD
Hmm that's just one member on the site, I wouldn't judge the whole site on him

Basically I think he's just out for a moan, maybe having a mid-life crisis or something and going on about the good old times.

Sure your phone can last you 10 years, my nokia 3330 lasted me years and I would still use it now, but if new and exciting technology is made available then why not go for it.

Just because this guy would rather carry around his brick phone which runs on batteries, his iPod shuffle (hate those things) and his ancient laptop doesn't mean everyone does. The iPhone can do all the things that he can with that equipment.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the iPhone, I have always been tempted to buy an iPod but I just love my Archos's so much for their video and the iPhone has one built in! And as for my current phone I just got my mates unlocked when he got a new one on his contract so I use it pay & go ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
This is rediculuos. Just another newbie (Lie myself actually; Well, at least on THIS website) complaining about the latest thing out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Actually, the only real point to be made about this, because as has been said no one has had it in their hands to test and give a valid review, is the longevity of a cell phone. I've never used a cell phone for more than a year. I've lost them, run them through the washing machine, dropped them and cracked the screen, had them just plain quit working, and switched carriers and gotten a new better one with the new contract. All in all, that kind of makes me lean away from spending $599 on a new phone.

Now if it were just a PDA or better yet a UMPC, I'd probably buy one. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.