iMac on its way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2GB RAM, 7600GT
After thinking about it off an on for a few years now, I finally purchased a 24" iMac. I had to get the better graphics card so its coming from overseas but should be here next week.

I hope I can really get into Macs and eventually ditch Windows all together. But we'll see. I hope it's worth the $2400 :closed:

My girlfriend just bought her MacBook yesterday as well, but in the Apple Store. We are both counting down the days for the iPhone as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm sure you will fall in love with your upcoming iMac. In fact, soon enough, you'll be kicking yourself for not having switched sooner :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Guaranteed...you'll love it! In less than a month I've decided to not use Windows on my Mac at all. We'll be hearing from you in a few days telling us how amazed you are!! Welcome to the world of Mac and OSX.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to the Mac and to Mac-Forums, grantrobarts! Keep an open mind to a different kind of computing and you will really love it. The people that don't like it are the ones that want Mac OS X to be just like/the same as Windows.

Refer to the links posted here and it will help make your transition smoother. :girl:

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2GB RAM, 7600GT
Thank you for the replies everyone. I will get it tomorrow on Fedex. It had to come all the way from Shanghai, China. hah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Welcome aboard grantrobarts!

I would recommend that you don't consider *if* you could ditch your PC altogether. When your Mac comes, just DO it. This will be harder than it sounds, of course, because you are used to a certain way of doing things. Starting fresh with a Mac is a bit of a culture shock - I know, I did it just seven months ago. I struggled with REALLY basic stuff like... how do I install an application? I felt really stupid for a bit. But I stuck with it, forcing myself to use the new and strange world of the Mac vs. the older more familiar world of the PC.

Of course, about a week into it, I was feeling pretty comfortable with the Mac, and I haven't looked back. You will too, and with the gorgeous 24" iMac as an incentive, you may even love every minute of it.

Between now and then, don't hesitate to turn to these forums. It was in these very forums that some kind soul told me how to install applications and a dozen other really basic items. You may hear some carping from time to time by some members about searching the forums before posting questions, but the folks here are really helpful and by and large they will come to your aid.

One last thing. Do yourself a favor and get the excellent book "Mac OS X The Missing Manual Tiger Edition. If you read just the first third or so of it, it answer a gazillion questions about how to manage things day to day on your Mac.

Welcome to Mac-Forums! ...and to your new Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats grantrobarts! Some great advice that I've heard here on the forums is to forget everything you know about windows out the window! lol and start fresh! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.