Have to re-install Firefox 2.0 every time I login

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 2.16GHz iMac OS X 10.4.8
I ran into problems on several web sites using Safari so I switched to Firefox. My issue is everytime I log out I need to open applications and relaunch the Firefox installation (which seems to mount Firefox) before I can use it. I haven't been a iMac user long and thought it was just the way things are, but now I see I've run into the same issue with Mac Minder. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong on the original install?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 2.16GHz iMac OS X 10.4.8
Figured it out. I had put the entire .dmg file into the application folder, not just the application within the .dmg file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That shouldn't be the solution as all you did was move the installation file into the Applications folder, you didn't actually "install" the program. You should have opened the dmg file and dragged the Firefox icon inside to the Applications folder. Then drag the icon to your dock if you want a shortcut.

By dragging the entire dmg file into your Applications folder, you simply changed where it has to decompress, so you'll still experience slow load speeds compared to installing it properly.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Figured it out. I had put the entire .dmg file into the application folder, not just the application within the .dmg file.

seems to me like he figured it out just fine.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well he said exaclty what we all told him and lots of others to do, right? open the dmg, move the app into your app folder. right?
at least that's what i'm assuming he figured out after doing the wrong thing first (dmg into apps folder) from the way he wrote his second post.

<second guessing myself now...>

Reaction score
lol, my bad eric....your 100% right, i'd missread the OP's 2nd post to mean that was what the fix was...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well he said exaclty what we all told him and lots of others to do, right? open the dmg, move the app into your app folder. right?
at least that's what i'm assuming he figured out after doing the wrong thing first (dmg into apps folder) from the way he wrote his second post.

<second guessing myself now...>

Actually, he DID put the entire dmg file into the Applications folder. Read his post. He said

put the entire .dmg file into the application folder, not just the application within the .dmg file

So I'm still baffled as to how exactly this is working for him...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
right, he did do that, but then he realized that was the wrong thing to do and alluded to the right thing, which i assume he did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah yes, looks like you are correct. Forgot that I can't read on Thursdays :bomb:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
;) i think everyone got mired in some sort of weird comprehension worm-hole when they clicked on this thread!

and Jpig hasn't even gotten back to say anything yet...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He's probably laughing at our deluded attempts to offer help when he already fixed the problem well before any of us actually posted here :bomb:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.