Newbie Question: Folders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
Ok so i want to add some more folders along side Photos, Movies, Music etc (only way i have found to do this is by creating a folder elsewhere and dragging it into that list so it creates a shortcut) but i want to add a completely new folder for example Work, University, Photography etc

Can i do this? If so, how?

Thanks

Joe

EDIT i have just found another way of doing it, not sure if its the write way. In the joe morgan folder in finder i created a new folder along side movies etc and created a shortcut to it next to movies etc in the bar on the left. This the way to do it? Or is there another way

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Those shortcuts in the finder window are just that, shortcuts. You create the folder wherever you want it, and drag that folder onto the list

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
ok kool sorry for the pointless thread then!

while we are hear i might as well ask a couple more things:

Mac fonts, i used to love my custom fonts in windows i had thousands of them. I have searched but haven't found much in terms of font packs. Only individual font downloads. Does anyone know where i can find a font pack or wouldn't mind sending me all of their fonts?

2ndly where do i put the font files?

and last but not least, my 2nd hard drive, i made a thread asking how i can set it u, maybe someone could shed light on my problems?

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49808

Thanks

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I have never done anything with fonts so don't really know about those

I will take a look at your hard drive thread

PS I can see my dads office in your avatar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
In terms of adding fonts.. I've done a bit of work with them, but not much. I don't know if there are any differences in terms of "Mac fonts" and "Windows fonts"... But I've downloaded True Type Fonts and they have worked on both

To add them, open FontBook (/Applications) and basically drag/drop your fonts to add them. You can aslo search FontBook for your newly added fonts and view them as well, and be able to zoom in/out.

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah ok so i can use my fonts from windows with my mac? ill give it a shot

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.