What should I do?

Reaction score
I am torn. I am a PC user and I am ready to make the "switch". I am looking at getting a MBP core duo. I found a reasonbly priced one. Should I wait untill apple desides to put in a faster intel chip and then get the C2D MBP at a discounted price. Should I wait to get the better mac at a discount or should I get the MBP core duo now.

What would you do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The Core2Duo was released not too long ago (mid to late November, I believe), so don't expect upgraded chips to be put in Macs till late Spring when Intel plans to roll out some updates (rumor has it that this will mainly consist of an increase in bus speed).

To be honest, there's really no point in waiting. No matter when you plan on buying something, there will always be something better right around the corner. I suggest you take advantage of the fact that C2D was recently released and an update is far away enough that you won't be kicking yourself for having bought it "too early".

Reaction score
To be honest, there's really no point in waiting. No matter when you plan on buying something, there will always be something better right around the corner. I suggest you take advantage of the fact that C2D was recently released and an update is far away enough that you won't be kicking yourself for having bought it "too early".

Good advice ^^^^, if you want to make the switch and are in two minds, don't wait for whats to come and just buy your MBP now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.