just switched & a question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
Hello everyone,
well I just purchased my macbook, white 2ghz 1g ram.
I am already in love and all is well except for one thing.
Iam from vancouver canada and the I just cant get the weather on the dashbord to switch to vancouver, it keeps on saying Cupertino.
The time is vancouver time, the date is correct.
So any help to adjust the weather is appreciated.

thanks

Reaction score
Have you changed the settings for it yet? Click it, and a little "i" should appear in the lower-right corner. Click this, and it'll bring you to the options menu, where you can change it for Vancouver, or almost wherever you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
A Slokunshialgo mentions click the i in the lower right corner, where it says Cupertino just type in Vancouver. Select the Vancouver you want ( there are two locations) and press enter, then done.

You should now be showing the Weather of the city you want.

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm on my PC laptop right now, which makes it hard to double-check.

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well thank you guys, I did that (clicked on the i) and I typed Vancouver, BC. I guess it didnt recognize the BC part, so when I removed it, it worked fine.

Thank you

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
am I missing something or the new macbook lacks a keyboard backlight??????!!!!!!!!

If it does then thats weird since most if not all lap tops have them. Its a hassle if you are working in a drak area.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
am I missing something or the new macbook lacks a keyboard backlight??????!!!!!!!!

If it does then thats weird since most if not all lap tops have them. Its a hassle if you are working in a drak area.

The MacBook (regular) does not have a keyboard backlight. The MacBook Pro does. As far as your statement regarding most laptops, I'm inclined to disagree. I've owned 5 notebooks now (the MacBook Pro is my 6th) and it's the only one that's had a keyboard backlight. Aside from high-end notebooks like the Dell XPS systems and a couple of Fujitsu models, I'm not aware of any PC notebooks that have one.

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well guys i am back for the first question again, so when i set vancouver on the weather it does display vancouver but its vancouver Washington not vancouver British Columia Canada.
So how do i make it switch to Canadian cities?

thank

Reaction score
well guys i am back for the first question again, so when i set vancouver on the weather it does display vancouver but its vancouver Washington not vancouver British Columia Canada.
So how do i make it switch to Canadian cities?

thank

I think you have to type in Vancouver, Canada. I believe that's how I got it to recognize a canadian city.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
When I type in Vancouver, a little drop box shows up asking if I mean the one in Washington or the one in British Columbia. If you're not getting this, then type in Vancouver, Canada and it'll figure out that you mean the one in British Columbia.

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Again what a great forum.
Problem solved thanks alot guys for the info:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.