MAC networking ICS question

L

Lend27

I currently have a windows wireless network setup in my house, running successfully. I also utilize Internet Connection Sharing with a dial-up modem in the host computer. The client computers have the ability to activate the dial up modem anytime. They also have the option of disconnecting modem anytime using a utility program called " Remote Disconnection Utility ". The program resides in both the host and client machines. It works great and is a freeware utility but only works in windows.
My question is:
Is there a comparable program that works with a Mac? If I am utilizing ICS with a Mac host and a windows client, will the client be able to disconnect the dial up modem at will?

Sorry for being long winded :)

Looking forward to getting a new G5 Powermac once I am comfortable that all my needs will be met.

Thanks again
Len

OP
D

d_blue_wolf

I dont know, but i wanna ask somethin'... i have a eMac at home and at work i have a local network (our sever is a PC running win2k)... is it possible to connect to my work network from my home computer via internet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
d_blue_wolf said:
I dont know, but i wanna ask somethin'... i have a eMac at home and at work i have a local network (our sever is a PC running win2k)... is it possible to connect to my work network from my home computer via internet?

Only if your company has it set up to do so.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.