For some reason...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz, 1 Gb Ram
The background image/colour of my desktop will change randomly.

PLEASE before you reply, note that DEFINATELY have the NOT checked the "change picture randomly" option.

I love my new computer, but i'm not a fan of it doing things i'm not expecting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Try deleting com.apple.desktop.plist in your user library(~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist)

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz, 1 Gb Ram
that file did not exist :p

so.. i dunno. i deleted another one that looked similar in my user library, hopefully that doesn't screw things up to badly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Make sure you are looking at <Username>/Library/Preferences/ NOT /Library/Preferences/

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz, 1 Gb Ram
yup, i did make sure to look there. i eventually found that file, and i toasted it. So far so good!

(by the way, does mac still have that app "Toaster".. or the Flying toaster screen saver?)

M

MacHeadCase

It went... that-a-way.

*Scans the horizon, looking at the faraway trail of flying toasters...*

Reaction score
There are two flying-toaster screen savers: one here and one here. The first, apparently, crosses the screen from right to left; the second from left to right. I have the second one, and discovered the first just before posting this when I ran a web search for mac "flying toasters". The original was left to right, I think.

The left-to-right version is at versiontracker.com, a good place to check for Mac freeware and shareware. Another site always worth checking out is macupdate.com.

I also found a Wikipedia article on After Dark and its flying toasters. Shows what I know: Winged toasters must be the greatest thing since PageMaker. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.