Iphoto and Sorting

Reaction score
When I open Iphoto I have to go View>sort photos>sort by film roll
everytime. That is the way I want to use my iphoto. But for some reason it does not retain that setting when I close the app.

Any ideas? How can I get it to "stick"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
hmm, works for me. I'm on a macbook, 10.4.8 with iPhoto 6.0.5. I tried sorting like that, and it retained it after quitting and relaunching.

I don't think it would make much or any difference in sorting, but do you have view>Film Rolls ticked? It seems much easier to organise with that ticked, so have a quick check to see if it is.

OP
U
Reaction score
ya I have film rolls checked..and i unchecked it and rechecked it to see if that would work, but no dice.

its kind of annoying.

another thing is...it used to be organized by film roll, and it would stay that way...but i changed it one day to look at best ratings and since then its been stupid...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Hmmm. It works for me, too. I just tried sorting by rating, then by roll, exiting, and re-opening, and it still works. Not sure why it wouldn't for yours. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.