Calibrating Imac 24

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
still using pc
A few questions on trying to get the best calibration on a new imac 24. I recently used a demo version of Coloreyes display pro with the spder 2 device and the change in display from the default setting by mac and the new setting for coloreyes was very different. Much better contrast in my opinion. I then did a calibration with the spyder 2 plus software and the overall contrast wasn't as great. Both however were better than the imac calibration programs. My quesion is which calibration is the most accurate. Each one was a little different than the next. In my opinion the coloreyes display pro gave the best results. Does it become a matter of taste or is there a better way to judge different calibrations. Thanks, Owen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Try the videocast here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Most of the books I have read recommend the Spyder2Pro. I use it myself and have been very happy with the results. Hopefully it is not a matter of taste. If these devices are working as they say they are, they should be quite objective. In all cases though, you should be much closer to the "truth", color wise, after using one of these device, than before.

I am surprised that the iMac needs this though. With Apple in complete control of the overall product, I would have thought that they would have had it perfectly calibrated (at least out of the factory, although this might change over time as the display ages). I am surprised.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.