• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have one question.... I am not implying that the Mac is neither bad nor good, because personally I have not used one. I would like to know a couple things first.... 1. Why does Mac have to advertise so much, when you never hear Microsoft commercials putting down Macs? 2. Why do you put down the PC? If you would notice that most people that were interested in your product have just been turned off by your unprofessionality. I for one am not dying to try a Mac product because of this fact......... Think about it.

Reaction score
Mac chose me I didn't chose Mac. I don't like the American ads at all. I love my Mac & my PC. Whether or not someone does or does not buy themselves a Mac is no concern of mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Whether or not someone does or does not buy themselves a Mac is no concern of mine.
Well said, I agree.
It makes no difference to me what advertisements say. I make up my own mind by doing research and trying things out for myself.
Apples were the computers I learned on 25 years ago and I have simply kept with them over those years. I started using Windows about 15 years ago to simply try something different. A company's propoganda and adverts have little effect on my decision to use or not use their product.:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Sorry to say, but I do find the commercials to be really true. The first computer I ever used was a Mac way back in 1st grade in elementary school. My friend talked me into buying one, and ever since, I haven't needed Windows. Macs just seem to make more sense for me, but not for other people. I tried to get my dad to look at MacBooks for his busines, but we both decided, they just didn't fit in.

Reaction score
The ads played a role in influencing my purchase, because they did a good job of:

1. Reminding me of the hassles and problems that come with using a PC.
2. Giving a little preview of the Mac community.

I don't think all PC users should burn (though in fairness, that's God's decision ... and everyone knows God uses a Mac).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
the ads are good but i switched before the ad's were even made soo it didnt make any difference to me.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mac chose me I didn't chose Mac. I don't like the American ads at all. I love my Mac & my PC. Whether or not someone does or does not buy themselves a Mac is no concern of mine.

Agreed, VERY well said!

I bought a Mac because I tried one and loved it and it's OS. No ad or commercial ever made me buy a Mac and never would. To me the Mac Adds put down the Mac implying it's only good for FUN stuff and not doing REAL work that needs to be done. Ad after Ad says that, and TO ME that is the wrong thing to imply. Yes, the Mac can do the fun stuff and very well, but it also does real work just as well.

I have both Macs and PC's. I tend to use the Macs and OSX for most all my work and most of my fun. My PC's are used for games and my line of work as a PC Computer/Network Tech.

Reaction score
::: onerebo casts the bait ... nibbles abound ... :::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just a reminder to all...
This thread will not turn into a flame war or a troll-fest.

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Regardless of whether or not this thread is just flame fuel; I thought I'd drop an opinion in:

I LOVE those US Mac adverts - they are great!

I've seen loads of MS adverts on UK TV; I can't remember any in which they compare them selves to the Macs - fair point I guess - but so what - it's just TV.

Reaction score
Why does Mac have to advertise so much, when you never hear Microsoft commercials putting down Macs?
1. Because M$ doesn't make computers.

2. Because Windows OSs are second- and third-rate, and M$ knows it. So do Windows-box manufacturers, who are stuck with M$, at least in the mass market.

3. There is nothing Dell or Gateway, for example, could say that wouldn't blow up in their faces. They can't even argue that games play better, because game machines blow their doors off. Serious gamers won't touch a Windows box with a barge pole.

4. There is nothing bad that Windows-box makers can say about Macs. It would be like Ford claiming a 30-year-old Pinto is better than a brand-new BMW.

4. Macs are cool; Windows boxes are beige, even if they're black.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money

4. Macs are cool; Windows boxes are beige, even if they're black.

:bushman:

Odd statement, but I guess I know what you're getting at :)

Dave

Reaction score
well Apple is advertising their computers and operating system in one ad, since they make both of those components, while microsoft only makes the operating system for pc's and other companies make the computers to run windows.

that is one reason that mac advertises their products so much, because they know alot about both aspects , their OS and the MAC computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
I think the commercials are pretty clever myself and amusing.

Reaction score
If you would notice that most people that were interested in your product have just been turned off by your unprofessionality.

And your source for this proclamation is what, exactly? Apple's Mac sales and marketshare have increased since the ad campaign began.

You might also consider that the ads have won a number of awards, including the Advertising Age "Bobby" award and being named one of the "Best Ads of 2006" by The Wall Street Journal.

Apple isn't attacking MS or IBM or Dell. They are trying to demonstrate the difference between the typical PC and a Mac. Everyone is familiar with a PC. These ads are a funny, innovative way of demonstrating what a Mac can do compared to a PC. The campaign is about demonstrating the Mac's ease of use and breadth of capabilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i agree with ToddG. the US Mac advert are funny.it doesnt just bash M$ Windows, but it compares OSX and Windows, Showing the difference is not "Bashing"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I think this thread has offered enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.