I must be enamored

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
and 2 weeks into this new machine now.
You would have to know me I guess., but that's saying something for me.
As a pretty avid reader, have a few subscriptions to PC magazines. It's pretty typical once a new copy hits the mailbox, I've read it within the hour and back on my PC looking up more info on any new hardware that might be of interest and checking out any new tricks I might have discovered (which are not as often any more).

Received latest copy of PC World yesterday, and what, I'm gonna set this laptop down just to read that thing, don't hardly think so.

By the way, what MAC/OS X mags would ya'll recommend? My last trip to Barnes & Noble only had a couple there and both of them were from the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i subscribe to Macworld (the uk version as i am in the uk) but i think there is a us version. try the site.

http://www.macworld.com/

great magazine and the free gifts when you subscribe are worth £15 + ! worth it.

hope this helps

chris :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
macworld and macaddict are both good, but often contain some of the same info month to month from what i've seen.

Reaction score
The thing with Macs is a bit of the lack of "news" as such. Most hardware you find in PC magazine will work on the mac anyway. And software reviews are OK, but most of those are found on Macworld's website, too.

I can't recommend you anything, unfortunately. I personally read only a German magazine called Tomorrow that's more or less platform-independent and more about industry news, Web 2.0 and hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i like mac addict (called Mac Life now(got the first issue of mac life)) and i really enjoyed reading all of it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
It is expensive (about $120/year), but MacFormat DVD has my vote as the best Mac magazine out there. When I converted to Mac, I sampled all the Mac magazines I could find, and MacFormat consistently stood out for quality of content, breadth and depth of content and simply production quality. Plus it comes with a DVD each month containing widgets, fonts, and usually up to three full applications that you have full rights to by virtue of your subscription. For example, I picked up a copy of the excellent FTP client CaptainFTP this way - fully paid for by my subscription.

Try out a copy or two at your local newstand (OUCH - about $15 a copy). This magazine hails from the UK, so the newstand copies are usually a month or two behind. Or, check out www.macformat.co.uk.

Reaction score
I like one called iCreate. Has lot's of creative ideas, and product hints, tips, etc.., but it's quite expensive. I'm not sure if we can subscribe to it, since I believe it's a UK magazine. I usually get it from Chapters. It's a bit pricey thought. It usually costs me $20 CAD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.