gonna buy a mac!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
Well, Ive liked macs for a while, I get to fool around with them at school and my friend just bought a new mac pro 3.0ghz for our studio/record label...I think thats whats finally getting me to buy a mac of some sort. Im thinking of buying a cheap mac mini...something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=150076769594&rd=1&rd=1

Is it worth getting something of that sort and upgrading the ram and hd? The most intensive thing I would be doing would be some photo editing...nothing too serious as photography is just becoming a nice little side hobby for me. I dont plan on playing game or anything, maybe storing some music and surfing the web, but other than those three things thats it. I have my pc laptop for playing games or whatever.

I searched around and read the buying guide, but I felt unless I posted myself I wouldnt have any piece of mind buying something lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i would upgrade the RAM to 1 gb,,, 256mb is only the bare minium to run tiger if you want to upgrade tiger or run a photo editing program like Photosop whic requires more horsepower

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply, I figured an update would be needed. My friend is offering to sell me his old g5. Has...

1.6ghz
330gigs(80g) and (250g)
1.5 gigs ram
wireless card
keyboard/mouse

and probably some other things for 700.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Thanks for the reply, I figured an update would be needed. My friend is offering to sell me his old g5. Has...

1.6ghz
330gigs(80g) and (250g)
1.5 gigs ram
wireless card
keyboard/mouse

and probably some other things for 700.

Are you getting a screen with that? Should be a nice machine.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No screen with it, but I have a 17 inch flat screen thats not being used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.