Mounting Network Drives

S

SogniX

I'm on a PowerBook,
I go between two networks (home / studio),
I have other computers at both places (both Macs and PCs) I'd like to connect to - multiple computers, multiple drives at each location.

Manually going to Go / Connect and mount each network drive manually is getting old QUICK!
Don't like Browsing to them as it does not mount the drives in Finder like Go/Connect does - and it also got old.

Is there a way I can mount the drives via the command line (terminal)? Or some other solution?

I rather find a command line solution to this, as I can then make a bash script to run from the terminal to mount all the drives in one network area in one shot.

TIA

OP
F

falcon

you can mount network drives from the command line in this fashion

mount_smbfs //[username]@server/dir /path/to/mount/piont

YEAH !!

Sogni said:
I'm on a PowerBook,
I go between two networks (home / studio),
I have other computers at both places (both Macs and PCs) I'd like to connect to - multiple computers, multiple drives at each location.

Manually going to Go / Connect and mount each network drive manually is getting old QUICK!
Don't like Browsing to them as it does not mount the drives in Finder like Go/Connect does - and it also got old.

Is there a way I can mount the drives via the command line (terminal)? Or some other solution?

I rather find a command line solution to this, as I can then make a bash script to run from the terminal to mount all the drives in one network area in one shot.

TIA

OP
S

SogniX

YEAH!
Kinda...

It does not show up in Finder. :(

But I can work with that as far as my backups go and whatnot.

But, is there a way to have it show up in Finder?

Thanks! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.