My experiance so far in the "Mac" world...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
...has been WONDERFUL! Here is a some-what detailed description of my journey so far.

So ever-since i'd say September of 2005, when I saw one of my good friends iMac G5 for the first time i have been reveling in the activities of the Mac universe. And once the switch to Intel began that boosted my interest of Apple products. At first I wanted an iMac, because the MacBook Pro was just a little too pricy, but as soon as the MacBook debuted I was all over that. I became what you may call obsessed but i think that is a little harsh. I started constantly telling people about it, and i think they got pretty annoyed but what did i care. But thats the boring part.

Lets fast forward to Christmas 2006. (That is a heck of a wait isnt it, trust me I would know) It got to the point where when it got close to Christmas, i couldnt even sleep. It was really annoying. But anyway, I finally got my MacBook and here of the Pros, and I wouldnt say Cons, but just things I would like to be different.

Here is a list of what I absolutly loved:
--Mac OS X "Tiger" - It is unbelievable.
--The white color - It really stands out from all the PCs.
--The portability - Considering my old Dell laptop could be easily compared to a cinder block, the MacBook is like a sheet of paper.
--The software - ill make a list of the apps that i like.

Here is what i am not crazy about:
--The material of the inside - the inside of the laptop around the keyboard is very prone to getting litte nicks that reflect the light so you can see them, other than that its great.
--The magnet that holds the remote - the magnet that holds the Apple remote holds the remote in a sort of "katy-whompus" way that either covers up the Apple menu or the time. Not that big of a deal but hey, im picky.

Apps worthy of mention.
--iLife '06 - All i really have to say about the suite of apps that includs iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, and GarageBand is WOW. The way they work together really brings out their strong features in a way that I would have thought never possible.
--Safari - I have yet to find a website that doesnt load beautifully with Safari, and the Bookmarks Bar is so easy to use why doesnt everybody have it?
--iWork '06 - If every person who wanted to make a flyer or a presentation had iWork '06, i swear there would be peace on Earth. That is how professional iWork is, without being so confusing and hasseling like MS Office is.
--Quicksilver - I read about Quicksilver in a few threads before i got my MacBook and I NEVER thought i would use it as much as i do. It makes zooming between applications a dream. I would never multitask without it.
--Mail - The way it simplifies Email is amazing, it is what Outlook never will or could be.

I would tell you more about my experiances on my MacBook, but my fingers have been working to the bone. Talking to people on iChat will really work you.

And one more thing... BRING ON LEOPARD!

Any questions or comments are greatly welcomed!

Thanks,
DavisCollins :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Another satisfied switcher. Glad to hear it!

Reaction score
Okay, you got me salvitating as I wait for my iMac to come in this week. I've been reading up on Mac's for the past couple of months when I have time and finally got sick of constantly having to fix my PC (slow, registry is hosed, can't handle more than one pix open at a time, etc.), so I made the plunge. A lot of great stuff on this forum (I subscribe to other forumns for coding, Harley's, etc.) that I'll use as I get used to a totally new enviroment and I can't wait.

I'm glad to hear you rave about iLife, looking forward to doing all my video and photo there, as well as playing in GarageBand. Also picked up iWork as well with the purchase, since I do newsletters and such. Still trying to decide if I want to get the Mac version of Dreamweaver for my website. Still have my work PC with Dreamweaver if I have to...

Now I can't wait for my Mac to arrive!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
I've been in for almost six months. Never want to see Windows again. Very happy camper.

Interestingly, none of my friends have made the switch. What's funny, though, is their spoken irritation with their PC's has increased dramatically in frequency and intensity. Basically, they're still dealing with same old PCcrappola and I'm not and I've become an annoying reference-point in their computer-lives. I can see where this is going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i neber want to see windows again, but unfortuneatly(sp?) my school is completly switching from macs t pc's :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I became what you may call obsessed but i think that is a little harsh. I started constantly telling people about it, and i think they got pretty annoyed but what did i care.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm glad you posted this as it makes me feel less of a freak. I read everything I could about the macbook, here and elsewhere, and Macs in general and each day I'd be boring someone with something new that I found amazing but they were clearly tired of hearing about.

Luckily I didn't get all the sleepless xmas nights as I was expecting mine as a joint xmas and birthday present later this year and wasn't expecting much at all this xmas. Obviously the constant talking about it paid off as the missus surprised me with one xmas night.

Like yourself I'm not disappointed at all, which is surprising due to the amount I hyped it. Only issue I have is that the front corners (Far left and right of the trackpad when open, if you get me...) have a bit of a gap. It's minimal but a little annoying and seems to be pulled up by the magnetic closure. Does yours have this?

Also, I've heard that the magnet for the remote is further down the left or right side of the screen - not the top corners which are for the "latch". Haven't had a chance to try it yet but give it a go.

Glad you're enjoing your Mac as much as me.

---------

Edit: Yes, the magnet for the remote is just under the top left corner of the screen. Not as strong as the others but lets the remote "hang" better.

OP
DavisCollins
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
Also, I've heard that the magnet for the remote is further down the left or right side of the screen - not the top corners which are for the "latch". Haven't had a chance to try it yet but give it a go.

Glad you're enjoing your Mac as much as me.

---------

Edit: Yes, the magnet for the remote is just under the top left corner of the screen. Not as strong as the others but lets the remote "hang" better.

OMG. i cannot believe i didnt figure this out! haha THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

and about that gap. idk. mine doesnt have that at all. do you think it is bad enough to call apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
DavisCollins said:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
No problem.

I don't think the gaps are a big enough issue so I'm just gonna see how it goes - If it gets worse I'll be straight on the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you love your Mac now, I suggest you take a look at VirtueDesktops. It will further cement your love of Mac OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.