System extention

Reaction score
I am getting the following error every time i boot up:

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/NDASFamily.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

But I am unable to find this, ny help

Reaction score
What are your login items? Try unchecking everything.

Then boot up. It seems to be some kind of extension you installed. If it isn't, then you might have to reinstall Mac OS X.

Reaction score
The problem is a Mac OS X Kernal Extension, often a device driver is written as a KEXT file.

Do you have a NetDisk HD?

Has this error started since you installed the HD (if you have a new NetDisk HD)?

OP
T
Reaction score
Basicly I tried to install a freecom Classic sl drive , but it appears not to work on the mac, once installed it said i needed to reboot then i get this message

OP
T
Reaction score
just noticed i rebooted my achine again now its gone, i neer done anything even all the files and short cuts to it have now gone, thanks for the help

OP
T
Reaction score
The error came back but doing a search for it finds nothing, are these files hidden and if so how do i find them

Reaction score
The error came back but doing a search for it finds nothing, are these files hidden and if so how do i find them

The Kext file may need to be removed if it's causing problems. This can be accomplished by simply logging in as an administrator, navigating to /System/Library/Extensions/, then dragging the NDASFamily.kext file to the trash and entering your admin password. Restart after this and check to see it the problem persists.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.