Panorama \ collage \ whatever- help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Do you have intel or ppc based mac?

If you have ppc based, try GIMP, if you have a intel, try seashore (although its still under development you can still do what you want with it)

Reaction score
I actually achieve this on the fly by opening up my Word Processor (NeoOffice) and just import the jpgs, gifs etc and you can easily resize or manipulate their positions, it's so easy it's not funny.

Then just take a screenshot (Shift+Command+4, then just drag over the area you want to capture) and it's done!

I do this cos I suck at working out how to use Graphics apps and spend more time creating formatted Docs.

Of course if using Graphics Apps are your bag, you're going to have no trouble working it out when you find the right App.

OP
A
Reaction score
Couldn't even open GIMP, couldn't figure it out in Seashore and the screen capture won't work because I will be creating pictures that are bigger than the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Couldn't even open GIMP, couldn't figure it out in Seashore and the screen capture won't work because I will be creating pictures that are bigger than the screen.

for GIMP, you need X11. The easiest way to get that is to pop in (one of) your OS X install CDs, and simply type in X11 into the search field at the top of the CD folder window. Install X11 from there (was 2 separate installers for me) and GIMP will work fine then. Haven't used Seashore yet, so can't help there.

Have a rough idea of what size doc you want. There are various ways of importing images onto your canvas. GIMP may support drag and drop onto the canvas. It probably also supports dragging the image file onto the GIMP dock icon - just copy and paste from there. You may need to resize images though - in fact, you probably will if it's for web output. That shouldn't be a problem, as you'll probably find that in the menu. Then it's just a matter of shifting images to where you like them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've been trying to merge this photos in CS2, they are a bit difficult to work with.. I'll keep trying for you.

OP
A
Reaction score
No one has any idea if there are any programs that just manually do it? With my old program, it was so easy. I just selected the photos and it put them in order, top to bottom.

Thanks for all of your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
No one has any idea if there are any programs that just manually do it? With my old program, it was so easy. I just selected the photos and it put them in order, top to bottom.

Thanks for all of your help.

manually? It sounds like you want something automatic. As mentioned above, try using GIMP and/or Seashore. If you can get the basics down, there's a lot more you can achieve with them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.