• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Programming my wallpaper to change

Reaction score
I found a bunch of lists of hotkeys for photoshop, and I made the lists into wallpapers so all I have to do to reference the list is to go to one of my hot corners to view the desktop to see the list.

The thing is that the hotkey lists are too big for one wallpaper, so I had to make multiple wallpapers, and I thought that it'd be cool to make my own shortcut key so the wallpaper changes to say the next list of hotkeys.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
There is (or was) a widget for Konfabulator that allowed you to change your walpapers in order or by random, as long as they were in the same folder, i supose there must be something similar for Dashboard. It should be possible todo something similar with Automator too. This may not be the best answer but i hope it gives you some ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Is there any way to set your computer to auto change your wallpaper every day or so?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Is there any way to set your computer to auto change your wallpaper every day or so?

Yes. Go to System Preferences/Desktop & Screen Saver/Desktop. Put all of the pictures you want to rotate through in a folder, then "Choose Folder..." under Desktop. Down at the bottom there is a checkbox to Change Picture, with a drop-down menu to select the time interval. You can also choose the order, or click Random order.

Reaction score
How about every five minutes or so?

edit: Awesome nukemm, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
np, that's what I'm here for... to find the goofy little things on accident, and relay trivial information to the masses... :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Reaction score
One thing to note:

I tried setting it to change every 5sec. When I decided I didn't like it, I couldn't get it to stop switching even though the "Change Picture" box was unchecked. I had to reboot.

OP
K
Reaction score
There is (or was) a widget for Konfabulator that allowed you to change your walpapers in order or by random, as long as they were in the same folder, i supose there must be something similar for Dashboard. It should be possible todo something similar with Automator too. This may not be the best answer but i hope it gives you some ideas.

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't found much about Konfabulator, just information about it. I don't know anything about Automator so I will read up on that. Are there any good online reources for Automator?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Before Dashboard there was Konfabulator, which in time was bought by Yahoo!. I used this: http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/view.php?widget=35840 to flip between wallpapers either in order or by random, very useful and small.I have looked for something similar for Dashboard but no luck, i tried to look for similar functions within Automator but no luck there either. Maybe a script, but i don't know much about those.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.