ive lost my lovely lovely background.... :(

Reaction score
i was trying to play a AVI file using a MACVCDX and i didnt realize that this piece of garbage program idiotically changes the resolution of your mac and that your mac EVEN MORE STUPIDLY gets rid of your background....

well the background was a pic that i dont have on the hard drive any more and i forgot where i found it.... is it lost forever??

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well if it was on your background, there had to be a file somewhere. do you remember the name?

you could always try to spotlight .jpg or .png or whatever it was. depending on how many image files are on your system, this may be a thankless task.

Reaction score
Go to System Preferences and then Display to set your resolution just how you like it.

While in Sys Prefs, go to Desktop & Screensavers and look in the left pane of Desktop to see if your pic is still listed. If not then it looks like you'll have to find a new picture as a background.

OP
S
Reaction score
.....man.... its lost forever....i must say MACVCDX is the stupidest program ever created... i couldnt even play the AVI file..

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
what i might suggest, from now on, is to create a "wallpaper" folder in your my pictures folder, so it's easy to get to. then anything you want to make a wallpaper, download it or dupe it to that folder. that way you'll never lose them - unless your hard drive crashes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
1. Use spotlight (blue magnifying glass in top-right corner), type in kind:image and wait. Then click Show All. You'll likely find your image- eventually. Obviously if you know any more details, that would help to narrow it down.
2. Create a Wallpapers folder in your Pictures folder.
3. Ctrl-Click on the desktop and choose Change Desktop Background. Choose the folder and then picture that you want.

Reaction score
Why don't you just install the quicktime plugins for playing that AVI?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.