• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Saddam has been hanged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Reaction score
wavey.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
It did more harm than good, I'd rather have seen him locked away. I personally don't believe killing anyone is the right thing to do, even if they killed many people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
One live or a million lives samething. We (western society) are now on the same level as Sadam. (Actually pretty sure we have been on the same level for years we just "spin" it better.

bone

Reaction score
banana.gif

I'm just waiting for it to go up on YouTube. :)

edited to add:

Only Fox News would put an advertisement for life insurance on the same web page that announced Saddam's execution!

normal_saddam.png

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
letting him rot would have been a better punishment and wouldn't have given more fuel to the false 'jihad' fire. the us put him there anyway. that's what we get for guarding the fence with a rabid dog.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i agree with everyone, he should have lived away his days in a dark small cell. his death just made him a martyr, which is exactly what he shouldn't be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I'm fine with him being put to death, I just wish they would have tried him for the slaughter of all those many kurds as well.

Reaction score
History is replete with examples demonstrating that terrorists cause much more havoc in the name of "political prisoners" than they do for so-called martyrs. Prisoners can speak, write, and influence the outside world. Prisoners can escape, be released, or be used as bargaining chips. If you understood the incredibly complex issues involved in guarding Saddam over the past year, you would realize that "let him rot in jail" is monumentally more difficult than it sounds.

Furthermore, Saddam Hussein was killed in accordance with his government's due process system as well as his own religion's doctrine. Who are we to judge their moral and religious values?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't see this thread going good places.. but lets see where it goes..

Personally I don't think killing him is a good punishment.... Its like killing a sick dog, putting them out of their misery, his life took a horrible turn and then we killed him to put him out of the pain he was feeling form it. It would have been better to keep him alive, better as a punishment, better for strategy of the war, you never know when you might want to ask him a question, integrate him, but now that option no longer exists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
History is replete with examples demonstrating that terrorists cause much more havoc in the name of "political prisoners" than they do for so-called martyrs. Prisoners can speak, write, and influence the outside world. Prisoners can escape, be released, or be used as bargaining chips. If you understood the incredibly complex issues involved in guarding Saddam over the past year, you would realize that "let him rot in jail" is monumentally more difficult than it sounds.

Furthermore, Saddam Hussein was killed in accordance with his government's due process system as well as his own religion's doctrine. Who are we to judge their moral and religious values?

The first rational thing said in the thread so far.

Saddam died in the same manner in which he lived, yet he had more of a trial than he gave to most of of his victims. If the intention had ever been to have him spend life in prison, he would have had to have been tried outside Iraq, probably in the Hague, by the world court much like Milosevich was. Life in prison inside of Iraq would have meant his eventual freedom and resurgence on the political landscape.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15-inch 2.16GHz

I agree with this statement 100%. Although I personally would like to see Saddam rot in jail and possibly think about how much torture he can put people through, he can still communicate to other people as to what he wants done, escape, etc. It's not our job to judge Iraq's legal system or thought process without knowing all of the details like they do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
I'm not a fan of capital punishment.

Think it was the wrong thing to do.

The conspiracist (sp?) inside me thinks he's still alive though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

Ok, first I am not an expert on this so I might be talkin out my but.

Sadam was no fan of the terrorists. He had strict policies against groups like al qaeda (that is if they actually existed) and they did like him much. And if I remember rightly he did not rule by religious doctrine. But you are right, this is the due process of his own country so although though I don't agree with the death penalty I can respect their decision in this.

As for adding fuel to the "terrorism" fire then the just further proves this big lie. Sadam is not a Martyr just your average mass murdering dictator. Not sure why he got the wrath and others still have dinner at the white house.

bone

Reaction score
Dude was trash. Think he would have cared if he was kept alive eating filet migon every night? Done deal. Good riddance. Duh.

Next.

Didn't realize they even allowed political discussion on these boards. Talk about risky!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.