macbook driver problems :(

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm installing windows onto my friend's new macbook (3 days old or so). I've gotten that done, with the newest version of bootcamp of course, and now i've got a few driver problems.

The biggest thing is that the sound doesn't work in windows. I try playing an mp3 and an error pops up saying "Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding." What's confusing me is that in Device Manager, it recognizes all the audio codecs and drivers as functioning properly.

I also have an error for iSight (code 28: drivers are not installed), and I can't install the iSight drivers from the Mac Drivers CD (extracted using /v/a command in Run (says that windows can't find the software even when I direct it to the right folder).

IR doesn't work (I'm hearing that's normal), it's recognized as a USB Human Interface Device, but returns a code 10 (device cannot start).

I also have two unknown PCI Devices. My guess would be one of them is the ATI video card, not sure about the other one (their locations are bus 0, device 7, function 0 and bus 0, device 27, function 0).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.