Photo Transfer From iPod to iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac
Hope someone can help out here.

I just bought the new 20" iMac. So I hooked my iPod up to it but was not able to update my iPod with new firmware because it was Windows formatted. So, I thought I would just restore factory settings, then reformat as it's attached to a Mac now - - - BUT at the last minute I remembered I had about 170 MB worth of photos on the iPod. Well, I enabled the disk feature on the Ipod and drug the Photo folder from the iPod to the desk top of the new mac.

Here's the problem:

How do I get these "windows" formated photos that are now in a folder on the iMac desktop into iPhoto on the Mac so I can view them and add them to my library????

Anyone?

Thanks,

Jory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Try this:

Open iPhoto. Select File --> Import to Library.

Navigate to the folder on your desktop and click OK.

It should load your photos up!

Just as a side note, they're not actually "Windows formatted"-- they just happened to be sitting on a Windows-based device.

Good luck! :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac
Thanks for tip Caribiner23 - but, I still get the same error. Unreadable Files: 2

I thought perhaps I just had the folder structure copied or thumbnails - but "Get Info" shows that there is 172 MB in the folder - so, I know the data is there.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac
Help - Photo Transfer From Ipod to IPhoto?

Hope someone can help out here.

I just bought the new 20" iMac. So I hooked my iPod up to it but was not able to update my iPod with new firmware because it was Windows formatted. So, I thought I would just restore factory settings, then reformat as it's attached to a Mac now - - - BUT at the last minute I remembered I had about 170 MB worth of photos on the iPod. Well, I enabled the disk feature on the Ipod and drug the Photo folder from the iPod to the desk top of the new mac.

Here's the problem:

How do I get these "windows" formated photos that are now in a folder on the iMac desktop into iPhoto on the Mac so I can view them and add them to my library????

Anyone?

Thanks,

Jory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
they should show up in the finder if you open your ipod. tiger should be able to read the pics cos there prob's jpegs or gifs.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac
Thanks - but when I open iPhoto and atttempt to transfer images - I get and Unreadable Files: 2 error?

Is this because my iPod was original connected to a windows machine?

The folder that I dragged from the iPod to the mac has 170 MB in it - so I know the data is there????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do you mean there are only 2 unreadable files or 2 errors ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you mean there are only 2 unreadable files then i think they are the .thumbs files. these are not pictures just tempory files.

Reaction score
I'm having same problem

Hi I've just bought a new ipod and this photo transfer connection and have just come back from my trip overseas, plugged in my ipod to download the photos. I copied them first to my desktop and then plugged in using iPhoto on my mac to download through that.

On my ipod I had JPEG's and RAW's and could see either a preview in the JPEG instance or a RAW symbol. Now when I try to open the photos on my mac it's giving me the message invalid JPEG marker type. Also now when I go to the photos to look on my ipod screen they've disappeared - it says 50 photos but then when you go to browse it says 0 files.

I used the ipod for the first time overseas and charged it on a PC - is this why this is happening? And does anyone know how to fix it to get the photos I'm desperate?!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Try to open the file on your desktop. If you see your pictures just select and drag them to your iPhoto icon.
Anther way is to

C

chas_m

Yes. You can search " iPod to Mac transfer" by google.com and get help.

Best luck!

Hi, you seem to be a new poster.

Welcome! I'm new here myself.

I don't know if you noticed, but you're responding to a post from 18 months ago. Don't worry, I (and I would guess 90% of the people here) have done that too.

You can tell when a post was made by the date in the upper left corner of the post. If something doesn't seem right about the thread (question very obvious or talking about stuff that doesn't exist anymore), chances are you're in an old thread. You can still respond if you want to of course.

See you round!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hi, you're not a new poster.

And neither am I.

I don't know if you noticed, but you're responding to a spammer. Don't worry, I (and I would guess 90% of the people here) have done that too.

20100204-fdpgti672a1uygnhbtykwripj6.jpg

You can tell when a post is spam, some obvious, some not so obvious.

1. It's the new members first 5 posts in the forum
2. Responding to a thread that is several months to several years old.
3. The post is related to video, DVD, iPod, iPhone, iTunes...
4. Has a link to some piece of software you've never heard of
5. Or never heard of from any long standing member in the community
6. Or never heard of except in a forum spam post
7. That software seems to have multiple applications that all do the same thing and you'd have a hard time even trying to figure out which one you should buy.

If something doesn't seem right about the post (question very obvious stuff like one in a thread that is 2, 3, 4 years old), chances are it's a spammer. Please do not feed the spammers!!!!

Report them by using the
20100204-2nqt8ebfyf6x9enfnmxpxxumw.jpg
button.

See you round!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.