Attaching photographer to photo

Reaction score
Running a yearbook project we have about 4 people taking photos for us and it has become hard for us to remember who took which photo. I am wondering if there is an easy way to tag an entire memory card as we import it to the computer as being "taken By: XXX" or something that I ould refrence easily on Contat sheets or something. EXIF or META is fine and we use 10.3.4 on our working macs I think....

Thanks for the help and any ideas you can give!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The first thing that comes to mind, is to label the directory/folder with the photographer name. Then you down load the photo to the photographer's folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
If you download the files with some softwares you can change the names to include something like photogs name. If not simply batch rename the files to include it

OP
C
Reaction score
For all my work, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I think renaming the files would work better then directory (just because the dir structure is by page/topic)...any recommendations for the easiet way to batch rename?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
if your using iphoto put there name as the roll name. then when you scroll it will show the name (only ilife06)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I batch rename with both Adobe Bridge and lightroom beta4

OP
C
Reaction score
Bridge might work well too...I like that other renamer you posted as well. THanks for the tips! Will make it a ton easier

OP
C
Reaction score
That looks pretty awesome and perfect, but its for Mac 10.4 and I believe we are 10.3 (That's why I dislike the mac :( ), but other then that it looks perfect! I shall see if maybe we can upgrade or work something

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.