i-mac g5 best way to connect to internet

F

farrenrob

I recently brought an imac g5 with airport extreme card built in and was wondering what is the best way to get onto the internet.
we have at present a computer running windows with a broadband modem.What is the best equipment to buy to suit my system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Buy a router compatible with both Windows and OS X. Now a days most of the routers have built-in firewall, which gives you extra protection against attacks, especially for the Windows PC. Consider buying a router with both hard wired(100MBits/s) and wireless(only 54Mbits/s) capabilities. That way you have option to change from one to the other depending on speed demand.

Airport express(fom Apple) is a nother possibility but in my opinion it is still expensive for what it offers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.