Making music sound better/louder beyond iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Hello, I have a few questions regarding my music.

1. Other than iTunes giving you the options to adjust your music's volume/EQ..is there a program that can do both but even better? I mean my music is decently loud in my headphones..but I want it a little bit louder..AND I want to be able to adjust the settings a little more as well!

I was thinking about purchasing an amp for my Ultrasone's..but I don't want to unless I have to.

thanks!

Reaction score
Reply:

Hey, not to sound like and idiot or make you sound like one...
Do you have any trouble hearing? My best Headphones are my QC2's and It can get deafeningly loud! For example, If I am in iTunes 7 and under the "view" menu select show Equalizer and take the preamp up to +6 dB (the highest setting I use without the computer causing distortion) with the iTunes volume level cranked and the computers audio cranked... if you don't have hearing problems, you will...

If you are talking about speakers... thats a whole 'nother game of cards

When it comes to the sound, the EQ in iTunes 7 has been "beefed up" to now offer 10 eq channels and 22 or so pre-sets in addition to making your own... shy of using logic pro to post all of your music... it's more than suitable!

Perhaps I misread your post but I hope this helps

Terri

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
OMG! I'm an idiot! lol. I have been a Mac user for over 2 years now and I never knew of this option! Thank you so much! Now my music has officially hit brain blasting!

thanks again!

Reaction score
OMG! I'm an idiot! lol. I have been a Mac user for over 2 years now and I never knew of this option! Thank you so much! Now my music has officially hit brain blasting!

thanks again!

Happens to the best of us. :dive:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.