Make the Menu Bar disappear

Reaction score
Haven't tried it, but I remember this issue getting raised recently (in a thread that got locked for other reasons).

There is a shareware program called Menufela 1.5 available on Mac.MajorGeeks.com that is described as follows:

Menufela is a haxie that hides your menubar, giving you back those pixels you've never been able to put to use before.

Menufela "auto hides" the menubar, just like when you hide your dock it pops out when you move the mouse to the edge of the screen. You can set a hotkey to show/hide the menubar so if you don't want the menubar to be hidden all the time you can just set any key combo to toggle menufela.

Universal Binary

Shareware price is listed as $5.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
to me, that would be like autohiding the menu on each and every windows program (when using windows). no wasted space to me (in other words).

if it floats your boat, give it a shot though and let us know how it works for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
MenuShade is free and does the same thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Hmmm... I actually prefer the menu bar being there, mostly for the clock, and I do a lot of work in Photoshop, so it's nice to be able to use the functions only available in the menu. Heck, I even have my start menu skinned like a Mac and it's on top, too... no auto-hide for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.