Launch applications on login?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 768 MB RAM, iMac Bondi (Rev. A) 233 MHz G3, 288 MB RAM, Panther.
I just got a new 1.83 MacBook yesterday, and I installed the program iAlertU (In case you've never heard of it, it uses the sudden motion sensor in your Mac to act as a "car alarm" of sorts). It's starting to annoy me that every time I boot up the Mac, I have to manually start iAlertU. Is there any way I can make the computer start iAlertU automatically when I load Mac OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I don't know how, but I have a similar question, only it's about running an Automator script on login to map my network shares...

Bump for a good question.

M

MacHeadCase

There sure is. Just go to the System Preferences and spot the Accounts in the System section near the bottom.

Click on the Accounts icon and making sure your account is highlighted, click on the Login Items tab. Click on the + sign at the bottom and navigate to the Applications folder (or wherever you put the app in question)and then the app you want to start when your Mac starts up and click on the Add button. The app should now be added to your startup items list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
There sure is. Just go to the System Preferences and spot the Accounts in the System section near the bottom.

Click on the Accounts icon and making sure your account is highlighted, click on the Login Items tab. Click on the + sign at the bottom and navigate to the Applications folder (or wherever you put the app in question)and then the app you want to start when your Mac starts up and click on the Add button. The app should now be added to your startup items list.

I'm gonna go try this out right now, MHC. If it works, double reputation points for you!

OP
superderf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 768 MB RAM, iMac Bondi (Rev. A) 233 MHz G3, 288 MB RAM, Panther.

Thanks, MacHeadCase, gave ya reputation points. It works perfectly.

Reaction score
Also, if you put the program in your Dock, right-click (control-click) the program's icon to bring up the context menu and "Open at Login" should be an option you can check.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.