• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Boring Holiday?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
So, I'm home and I have to say this christmas I'm sort of bored...My boyfriend was going to come over but I decided to tell him to stay home. Now, he's at his friends house instead and I feel like he should be here with me. But I guess its my fault for telling him I was ok with him not coming :( I didn't want him to come because my dad had a couple of drinks as was acting a fool.

Ok, I think I'm done venting...:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
sounds interesting.. you should have gone out with him then ;)

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
sounds interesting.. you should have gone out with him then ;)

Yeah that's true but I felt like I should be with my family. After all he's just my boyfriend...but now I sort of miss him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Well, hopefully you'll get to see him tomorrow. :)

I'm just glad to be of work and not having to worry about going back until 1/3/07 :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
At least you didn't have to go through my situation. My brother's girlfriend came in from New Zealand, and was meeting my family for the first time. I have two sets of aunts and uncles in town for the holidays. They started mixing drinks by the pitcher and telling the worst of the grossest stories from when they were kids. These stories continued all through dinner, ending with a story about lighting farts. I was embarrassed for myself and even more-so for my brother.

I can't say I was bored though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have this whole issue with Boyfriends/Girlfriends and Holidays. When I was young my parents let both of my sisters bring the boy toy of the week home to celebrate the holiday with the family and it always seemed so fake. Like I'm supposed to wish some guy I just met a Merry Christmas or something. He's just met me, I've just met him and he's only there because he want's to bang my sister (it's true and we all knew it). It just cheapened the whole thing. When I was old enough to date while living at home, I just avoided the whole thing unless there was a get together and even then I kept it brief. It just makes me uncomfortable. When my wife and I were dating/engaged I used to spend the Holidays back east with her, so I got to know her family but by then it was serious and I was in my 30s. My older brother seemed to pick up on the same thing and did the same as I, he kept the visits brief to non-existant and never allowed them to interfere with the family. I should probably ask my Dad why he let my sisters do that.

Consequently, while my youngest (13) doesn't date, my oldest (16) isn't having her boyfriend over for the Holiday. He's been invited to the New Years get together we are having, but I have an ulterior motive behind that. She was invited to his house both tonight and tomorrow, but I nixed that plan. He's a nice kid, but holidays are for family. I guess those Christmases from my youth left me with a bad taste in my mouth for the whole thing.

Sorry for the rant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Your kids are only a couple years younger than I am. LOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Next time just get drunk with your dad to lighten the moment!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your kids are only a couple years younger than I am. LOL.

That happens a lot on many of the forums I frequent. Being into certain types of technology tends to put you in with a younger crowd. People are often surprised when they bother to read my profile and see how old I actually am. If I sometimes seem grumpy it's not that I am it's just that I get tired of dealing with kids no matter where I turn sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's got to be somone old and wise on here to give some sound advice...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
My advice was great!!!! SHe should dress her boy friend up as santa she should dress up as a raindeer and botta boomm baaattta bing

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, my b/f and I have been together 5 yrs. He doesn't come around to the family only on holidays. This yr. it was kind of boring here so I didn't really care if he came or not. I guess now I'm just bored and I miss him. I'm 21 and he's 24. We've been together since I was 17.

I don't like to bring him to family things cause its not like we're engaged. Him and I go out and have fun by ourselves or with his friends.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, that's a bit different. 5 years is a long time. I'm lucky if my oldest last 6 to 8 months. As I said, with both my sisters it was never the same guy and always the toy of the moment.

Reaction score
i had to deal with some stupid crap
then i just got really drunk at this
girls house. now i have made my
way home. but happy holidays to
everyone!!!!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you're still young, don't get too attached. i was in a five year relationship that i got in to when i was about 17. we went to the same college, and basically just gave each other a lot of grief for number of years while we were both trying to figure ourselves out. we had plans to move out of new jersey when we graduated, but that all went to [pre-filtered] post-graduation - i can't even begin to get into details.

looking back now, though i hurt for a long time, and measured others up to her for years after that relaionship, if we both had to live with the choice we made when we were 17, i think we would have ended up killing each other.
and i wouldn't have had this wonderful kid a couple of years ago (when i was 34)...
332651999_7465e37346.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
So, I'm home and I have to say this christmas I'm sort of bored...My boyfriend was going to come over but I decided to tell him to stay home. Now, he's at his friends house instead and I feel like he should be here with me. But I guess its my fault for telling him I was ok with him not coming :( I didn't want him to come because my dad had a couple of drinks as was acting a fool.

Ok, I think I'm done venting...:)

Feel free to vent... anyone who loves Macs & VWs as much as I do (I drive an '02 GTI 1.8T) can't be too bad of a person... :bone:

Be glad that you get the time to spend with your family. This is my first Christmas I've been able to be around for in a few years, due to the military. Appreciate it while you have it, because you'll miss it when you don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If I sometimes seem grumpy it's not that I am it's just that I get tired of dealing with kids no matter where I turn sometimes.
Yep. Being an older, "grumpy guy" myself I can relate. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep. Being an older, "grumpy guy" myself I can relate. :black:

I'm fascinated to learn that Eric is at least somewhere near my age, and I'm assuming you are as well. Would be nice if you put your age in your profile though.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, db, i figured mid to late 20's maybe?

baggss - i'm turning 37 in january.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.