• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

price of Tiger after Leopard

Reaction score
How much do you think Tiger will go down in price after Leopard is out?
I can probably get the programs using my student ID card. I have an older emac still running on Jaguar and I want to upgrade that up to Tiger and then my ibook to Leopard.
But of course I'll have to do memory upgrades as well. So, we're talking some bucks..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
It probably won't change in price and quickly become unavailable once Leopard is out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
You may want to check eBay or other Macs stores, but i don't think Apple will reduce the price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If past experience is any indication, it won't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
They won't drop the price of Tiger. What is more likely is that they will simply stop selling it alltogether.
If you want to save some cash on Tiger, then eBay or a reseller is the way to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Resellers like OWC sell past versions of OSX. Here's a link to OWC's page where they do just that.

OP
dolphin01
Reaction score
thanks. I just checked my University's bookstore website and I can pick up Tiger at a really good price on line using my ID number since I work for the University. So, I might as well start buying some RAM and go ahead and get Tiger and upgrade my eMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.