Finally done it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
After switching my Dell laptop for a Powerbook a number of weeks ago I've finally been bitten by the Mac bug and last night I swapped out three pc's from under my desk and replaced them with a G5 and 20" flat screen.

Since getting the G5 home last night and spending an hour or so loading software I have only found one down side, Virtual PC does not run on a G5! Unfortunately I need VPC to check that the Java projects I write for university run correctly in Jbuilder4 and work with an access database (both specificied by the course and I can't just use something else).

Does anyone know of any another 'virtual' software (I have heard that there used to be a number of these products) that will run on the G5 or have any idea when MS are going to release a G5 compatible version of VPC?

Thanks.

Z.

S

StarManta

At the moment, no. However, there's a project called DarWine that is attempting to port Linux's Windows emulator (Wine) to Mac. It's not out, yet, but it should be something to keep your eye on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.