• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Not sure where to post this.. Apple giving me a hard time with rebate

Reaction score
When i got my macbook it came with a free printer... free meaning 100 rebate. Anyway i sent in all the stuff i was supposed to and they just wrote me back to tell me that the invoice i sent was wrong and the UPC was wrong as well. This is interesting as i sent them the only UPC on the box!

OH and i threw away the box after that so i dont even have it to check.

Are they going to actually deny my rebate now? I dont want the printer if they do but i already opened and used it. Can i still return it if they do not let m ehave the rebate.

What a hassle!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i can't really help as i turned down that offer when i got my macbook...

have you called apple and told them exactly what happened?

OP
E
Reaction score
Nope im just venting now. I have to wait till Tuesday to speak to someone on the phone and i only have about a week left to send in the new stuff as i just got in the mail today but its dated the 19th. So basically after Tuesday ill have less than a week to send it in.

Ugh im mad. The printer is nice but yeah i didnt need a new printer as i alreadyh had one. ANd how am i even goign to send it back :( I threw out the box to that too... doh!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wait outside of an apple store.
when someone buys one and walks out with it, slide over to them and say, "so, what are you gonna do with that box?"

;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i remember when i had to send in something for my powermac i was quite confused between two different labels on the box for a while and which one needed to be sent in. you may very well have sent in the wrong one and therefore would not be apple's fault. sorry to hear this though and i hope youget it straightened out if it was apples fault on this one
-chris

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
I have just sent in the stuff for my printer rebate. I am hoping that I don't have this problem with Apple.

Reaction score
I've done a few rebates with apple and I've had a hard time getting a couple of the rebates. they should be able to rebate you with the serial number on your machine and the date bought. They have all your info on their computer. It takes persistence tho. I've only had to send one nasty letter and I believe it wa to mac warehouse. they wouldn't send me my rebate money and so I wrote them a letter and basically told them that they ripped me off and that I would never buy from them again and what a crock these rebates are. And a couple weeks later, there's my money.
you might have to call them on the phone and explain your situation and don't let them dance around with you.
And in the future - never throw anything away until your totally sure you're done with it. I guess that's why I'm a pack rat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've never really had any problem with any of the Apple rebates. Usually I get them back very quickly. If you did send the wrong UPC and threw away the box, your only recourse may be to ask them nicely if there's anything else you an do.

Let us know how the conversation goes on Tuesday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I applied for my rebated back in August and still nothing.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Hay Guys,
Do not throw anything before you get your rebates. I have had many problems throughout the years with rebates regarding just about anything. Make copies and save boxes just in case. Receiving rebates take about six weeks to eight weeks. Also, make sure you make note of any 1-800 numbers on the rebate forms to complain. Sometimes, the rebates come from an outside company which manages rebates for several different manufacturers. I always make copies of the rebate forms, too. Some companies do purposely "lose" documents to deny rebates. They count on people who do not bother to keep documents. I make it my business to go after them and make sure they honor my rebate. I have never been cheated. Also, read your rebate forms carefuly and make a mark on your calendar when to expect your money. Sometimes, just a little info. left out will make it difficult for you to get your money. Especially, if we are talking about $50 or more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.